Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 45, Number 1, January-February 2005
|Page(s)||39 - 56|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 45 39-56
- O'Grady JF, Lynch PB, Kearney PA. Voluntary feed intake by lactating sows. Livest Prod Sci 1985, 12: 355-365.
- Noblet J, Dourmad J-Y, Etienne M. Energy utilization in pregnant and lactating sows: modeling of energy requirements. J Anim Sci 1990, 68: 562-572.
- King RH, Williams IH. The effect of nutrition on the reproductive performance of first-litter sows. 2. Protein and energy intakes during lactation. Anim Prod 1984, 38: 249-256.
- Jones DB, Stahly TS. Impact of amino acid nutrition during lactation on body nutrient mobilization and milk nutrient output in primiparous sows. J Anim Sci 1999, 77: 1513-1522.
- Dourmad J-Y, Noblet J, Etienne M. Effect of protein and lysine supply on performance, nitrogen balance, and body composition changes of sows during lactation. J Anim Sci 1998, 76: 542-550.
- King RH, Dunkin AC. The effect of nutrition on the reproductive performance of first-litter sows. 4. The relative effects of energy and protein intakes during lactation on the reproductive performance of sows and their piglets. Anim Prod 1986, 43: 319-325.
- Brendemuhl JH, Lewis AJ, Peo ER Jr. Effect of protein and energy intake by primiparous sows during lactation on sow and litter performance and sow serum thyroxine and urea concentrations. J Anim Sci 1987, 64: 1060-1069.
- Mejia-Guadarrama C.A., Pasquier A, Dourmad J-Y, Prunier A, Quesnel H. Protein (lysine) restriction in primiparous lactating sows: Effects on metabolic state, somatotropic axis, and reproductive performance after weaning. J Anim Sci 2002, 80: 3286-3300.
- Etienne M, Legault C, Dourmad J-Y, Noblet J. Production laitière de la truie : estimation, composition, facteurs de variation et évolution [Milk production in the sow: estimation, composition, factors of variation and evolution]. J Rech Porcine France 2000, 32: 253-264.
- Zak LJ, Cosgrove JR, Aherne FX, Foxcroft GR. Pattern of feed intake and associated metabolic and endocrine changes differentially affect postweaning fertility in primiparous lactating sows. J Anim Sci 1997, 75: 208-216.
- Quesnel H, Prunier A. Endocrine bases of lactational anoestrus in the sow. Reprod Nutr Dev 1995, 35: 395-414.
- NRC. In: Nutrient Requirements of Swine. 9th ed. Natl Acad Press, Washington DC, 1988, p 49-53.
- INRA. L'alimentation des animaux monogastriques. 2nd ed. Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Paris, France, 1989.
- Quesnel H, Mejia-Guadarrama C.A., Pasquier A, Dourmad J-Y, Prunier A, Dietary protein restriction during lactation in primiparous sows with different live weight at farrowing: II. Consequences on reproductive performance and interactions with metabolic status. Reprod Nutr Dev 2005, 45: 57-68.
- Camous S, Prunier A, Pelletier J. Plasma prolactin, LH, FSH and estrogen excretion patterns in gilts during sexual development. J Anim Sci 1985, 60: 1308-1317.
- Chacornac JP, Barnouin J, Houlier ML. Micro-dosage automatisé sur analyseur à transfert de l'azote -aminé circulant. Reprod Nutr Dev 1993, 33: 99-108.
- Sève B, Meunier-Salaün MC, Monnier M, Colléaux Y, Henry Y. Impact of dietary tryptophan and behavioral type on growth performance and plasma amino acids of young pigs. J Anim Sci 1991, 69: 3679-3688.
- Prunier A, Martin C, Mounier AM, Bonneau M. Metabolic and endocrine changes associated with undernutrition in the peripubertal gilt. J Anim Sci 1993, 71: 1887-1894.
- Louveau I, Bonneau M, Salter DN. Age-related changes in plasma porcine growth hormone (GH) profiles and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) concentrations in Large White and Meishan pigs. Reprod Nutr Dev 1991, 31: 205-216.
- Louveau I, Bonneau M. Effect of a growth hormone infusion on plasma insulin-like growth factor-I in Meishan and Large White pigs. Reprod Nutr Dev 1996, 36: 301-310.
- Robert S, de Passillé AMB, St-Pierre N, Dubreuil P, Pelletier G, Petitclerc D, Brazeau P. Effect of the stress of injections on the serum concentration of cortisol, prolactin and growth hormone in gilts and lactating sows. Can J Anim Sci 1989, 69: 663-672.
- Qian H, Barb CR, Compton MM, Hausman GJ, Azain MJ, Kraeling RR, Baile CA. Leptin mRNA expression and serum leptin concentrations as influenced by age, weight, and estradiol in pigs. Domest Anim Endocrinol 1999, 16: 135-143 [CrossRef].
- Whisnant CS, Harrell RJ. Effects of short-term feed restriction and refeeding on serum concentrations of leptin, luteinizing hormone and insulin in ovariectomized gilts. Domest Anim Endocrinol 2002, 22: 73-80 [CrossRef].
- Dourmad J-Y, Etienne M, Noblet J. Prédiction de la composition chimique des truies reproductrices à partir du poids vif et de l'épaisseur de lard dorsal. Application à la définition des besoins énergétiques. J Rech Porcine France 1997, 29: 255-262.
- Littell RC, Milliken GA, Stroup WW, Wolfinger RD. SAS system for Mixed Models, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, 1996.
- Dourmad JY. Effect of feeding level in the gilt during pregnancy on voluntary feed intake during lactation and changes in body composition during gestation and lactation. Livest Prod Sci 1991, 27: 309-319.
- Weldon WC, Lewis AJ, Louis GF, Kovar JL, Giesemann MA, Miller PS. Postpartum hypophagia in primiparous sows. I. Effects of gestation feeding level on feed intake, feeding behaviour, and plasma metabolite concentrations during lactation. J Anim Sci 1994, 72: 387-394.
- Dourmad JY. Ingestion spontanée d'aliment chez la truie en lactation: de nombreux facteurs de variation. INRA Prod Anim 1988, 1: 141-146.
- Weldon WC, Lewid AJ, Louis GF, Kovar JL, Miller PS. Postpartum hypophagia in primiparous sows. II. Effects of feeding level during gestation and exogenous insulin on lactation feed intake, glucose tolerance, and epinephrine-stimulated release of nonesterified fatty acids and glucose. J Anim Sci 1994, 72: 395-403.
- Xue JL, Koketsu Y, Dial GD, Pettigrew JE, Sower A. Glucose tolerance, luteinizing hormone release, and reproductive performance of first-litter sows fed two levels of energy during gestation. J Anim Sci 1997, 75: 1845-1852.
- Le Cozler Y, David C, Beaumal, V., Johansen S, Dourmad JY. Effect of the feeding level during rearing on performance of Large White gilts. Part 2. Effect on metabolite profiles during gestation and lactation, and on glucose tolerance. Reprod Nutr Dev 1998, 38: 377-390.
- Barb CR, Yan X, Azain MJ, Kraeling RR, Rampacek GB, Ramsay TG. Recombinant porcine leptin reduces feed intake and stimulates growth hormone secretion in swine. Domest Anim Endocrinol 1998, 15: 77-86.
- Prunier A, Mejia Guadarrama C., Mourot J, Quesnel H. Influence of feed intake during pregnancy and lactation on fat body reserve mobilisation, plasma leptin and reproductive function of primiparous lactating sows. Reprod Nutr Dev 2001, 41: 333-347 [EDP Sciences] [CrossRef].
- Estienne MJ, Harper AF, Kozink DM, Knight JW. Serum and milk concentrations of leptin in gilts fed a high- or low-energy diet during gestation. Anim Reprod Sci 2003, 75: 95-105.
- Dourmad J-Y, Matte JJ, Renaudeau D. Effect of the meal on the utilization of some nutrients and vitamins by the mammary gland in lactating sows. J Anim Sci 2002, 80 (Suppl 1): 193 (abstract).
- Yang H, Pettigrew JE, Johnston LJ, Shurson GC, Wheaton JE, White ME, Koketsu Y, Sower AF, Rathmacher JA. Effects of dietary lysine intake during lactation on blood metabolites, hormones, and reproductive performance in primiparous sows. J Anim Sci 2000, 78: 1001-1009.
- Clowes EJ, Aherne FX, Foxcroft GR, Baracos VE. Selective protein loss in lactating sows is associated with reduced litter growth and ovarian function. J Anim Sci 2003, 81: 753-764.
- Clowes EJ, Aherne FX, Schaefer AL, Foxcroft GR, Baracos VE. Parturition body size and body protein loss during lactation influence performance during lactation and ovarian function at weaning in first-parity sows. J Anim Sci 2003, 81: 1517-1528.
- Van Den Brand H, Prunier A, Soede NM, Kemp B. In primiparous sows, plasma insulin-like growth factor-I can be affected by lactational feed intake and dietary energy source and is associated with luteinizing hormone. Reprod Nutr Dev 2001, 41: 27-39 [EDP Sciences] [CrossRef].
- Varley MA, Foxcroft GR. Endocrinology of the lactating and weaned sow. J Reprod Fertil Suppl 1990, 40: 47-61.
- Armstrong JD, Britt JH, Kraeling RR. Effect of restriction of energy during lactation on body condition, energy metabolism, endocrine changes and reproductive performance in primiparous sows. J Anim Sci 1986, 63: 1915-1925.
- Schams D, Kratzl WD, Brem G, Graf F. Secretory pattern of metabolic hormones in the lactating sow. Exp Clin Endocrinol 1994, 102: 439-447.
- Quesnel H, Pasquier A, Mounier AM, Louveau I, Prunier A. Influence of feed restriction in primiparous lactating sows on body condition and metabolic parameters. Reprod Nutr Dev 1998, 38: 289-303.
- Quesnel H, Prunier A. Endocrine mechanisms mediating nutritional effects on fertility in the gilt and sow. In: Proc First Congress of the Latin American Annual Nutrition College, August 18-23, 2003, Cancun, Mexico.
- King RH, Toner MS, Dove H, Atwood CS, Brown WG. The response of first-litter sows to dietary protein level during lactation. J Anim Sci 1993, 71: 2457-2463.
- Kusina J, Pettigrew JE, Sower AF, White ME, Crooker BA, Hathaway MR. Effect of protein intake during gestation and lactation on the lactational performance of primiparous sows. J Anim Sci 1999, 77: 931-941.