Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 45, Number 6, November-December 2005
|Page(s)||699 - 708|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 45 699-708
- Stevenson JS. Reproductive management of dairy cows in high milk-producing herd. J Dairy Sci 2001, 84: (E Suppl) E128-E143.
- Lucy MC. Reproduction loss in high-producing dairy cattle: Where will it end? J Dairy Sci 2001, 84: 1277-1293 [PubMed].
- Esslemont RJ, Kossaibati MA, Allcock J. Economics of fertility in dairy cows. In: Diskin MG (Ed.), Fertility in the high producing dairy cows, Brit Soc Anim Sci 2001, 26: 19-29.
- Rounsaville TR, Oltenacu PA, Milligan RA, Foote RH. Effects of heat detection, conception rate, and culling policy on reproductive performance in dairy herd. J Dairy Sci 1979, 62: 1435-1442.
- Nebel RL, Dransfield MG, Jobst SM, Bame HJ. Automated electronic systems for the detection of oestrus and timing of AI in cattle. Anim Reprod Sci, 2000, 60-61: 713-723.
- Momcilovic L, Archbald F, Walters A, Tran T, Kelbert D, Risco C, Thatcher WW. Reproductive performance of lactating dairy cows treated with gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and/or prostaglandin F2 (PGF2) for synchronization of estrus and ovulation. Theriogenology 1998, 50: 1131-1139 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Pursley JR, Silcox RW, Wiltbank MC. Effect of tome of artificial insemination on pregnancy rates, calving rates, pregnancy loss, and gender ratio after synchronization of ovulation in lactating dairy cows. J Dairy Sci 1997, 81: 2139-2144.
- Pursley JR, Wiltbank MC, Stevenson JS, Ottobre JS, Garverick HA, Anderson LL. Pregnancy rates per artificial insemination for cows and heifers inseminated at a synchronized ovulation or synchronized estrus. J Dairy Sci 1997, 80: 295-300 [PubMed].
- Stevenson JS, Kobayashi Y, Thomson KE. Reproductive performance of dairy cows in various programmed breeding systems including Ovsynch and combinations of gonadotropin-releasing hormone and prostaglandin F2. J Dairy Sci 1999, 82: 506-515 [PubMed].
- Vasconcelos JLM, Silcox RW, Pursley JR, Wiltbank MC. Synchronization rate, size of ovulatory follicle, and pregnancy rate after synchronization of ovulation beginning on different d of the estrous cycle in lactating dairy cows. Theriogenology 1999, 52: 1067-1078 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Martinez MF, Colazo MG, Kastelic JP, Mapletoft RJ. Effects of estradiol and progesterone on plasma steroid and gonadotropin concentrations in CIDR-treated ovariectomized cows. Theriogenology 2003, 59: 224 (Abstract).
- Diskin MG, Austin EJ, Roche JF. Exogenous hormonal manipulation of ovarian activity in cattle. Domest Anim Endocrinol 2002, 23: 211-228 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Bo GA, Adams GP, Pierson RA, Mapletoft RJ. Exogenous control of follicular wave emergence in cattle. Theriogenology 1995, 43: 31-40 [CrossRef].
- Burke CR, Day ML, Bunt CR, Macmillan KL. Use of a small dose of estradiol benzoate during diestrus to synchronize development of the ovulatory follicle in cattle. J Anim Sci 2000, 78: 145-151 [PubMed].
- Day ML, Burke CR, Taufa VK, Day AM, Macmillan KL. The strategic use of estradiol to enhance fertility and submission rates of progestin-based estrus synchronization programs in dairy herds. J Anim Sci 2000, 78: 523-529 [PubMed].
- Fike KE, Day ML, Inskeep EK, Kinder JE, Lewis PE, Short RE, Hafs HD. Estrus and luteal function in suckled beef cows that were anestrous when treated with an intravaginal device containing progesterone with or without a subsequent injection of estradiol benzoate. J Anim Sci 1997, 75: 2009-2015 [PubMed].
- National Research Council. Nutrient requirements of dairy cattle. 5th ed, National Academy Sci. Washington, DC, 1989.
- SAS/STAT, SAS/STAT guide to personal computers (Version 7 ed). SAS Inst, Inc, Cary, NC, 1998.
- Pursley JR, Mee MO, Wiltbank MC. Synchronization of ovulation in dairy cows using PGF2 and GnRH. Theriogenology 1995, 44: 915-923 [CrossRef].
- Cartmill JA, El-zarkouny SZ, Hensley BA, Lamb GC, Stevenson JS. Stage of cycle, incidence, and timing of ovulation, and pregnancy rates in dairy cattle after three timed breeding protocols. J Dairy Sci 2001, 84: 1051-1059 [PubMed].
- Cartmill JA, El-zarkouny SZ, Hensley BA, Ronzell TG, Smith JF, Stevenson JS. An alternative AI breeding protocol for dairy cows exposed to elevated ambient temperatures before or after calving or both. J Dairy Sci 2001, 84: 799-806 [PubMed].
- Burke CR, Boland MP, Macmillan KL. Ovarian responses to progesterone and oestradiol benzoate administered intravaginally during dioestrus in cattle. Anim Reprod Sci 1999, 55: 23-33 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Roche JF, Austin EJ, Ryan M, O'Rourke M, Mihm M, Diskin MG. Regulation of follicle waves to maximize fertility in cattle. J Reprod Fertil 1999, 54 (Suppl): 61-71.
- Burke CR, Mussard ML, Gasser CL, Grum DE, Day ML. Estradiol benzoate delays new follicular wave in a dose-dependent manner after ablation of the dominant ovarian follicle in cattle. Theriogenology 2003, 60: 647-658 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- McDougall S, Burke CR, Macmillan KL, Williamson NB. The effect of pre-treatment with progesterone on the oestrus response to oestradiol-17 benzoate in the postpartum dairy cow. Proc New Zealand Soc Anim Prod 1992, 52: 157-160.
- Bortman JM, Radcliff RP, McCormack BL, Kojima FN, Patterson DJ, Macmillan KL, Lucy M. Synchronization of estrus in dairy cows using prostaglandin F2 (PGF2), gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), and estradiol cypionate (ECP). J Dairy Sci 2002, Abstr 85: 99.
- Stevenson JS, Tiffany SM, Lucy MC. Induce and timing of estrus, LH surge, and ovulation in cows treated with the Ovsynch protocol with estradiol cypionate (ECP) substituting for GnRH. J Dairy Sci 2002, 85 (Suppl 1): 99.
- Lammoglia MA, Short RE, Bellows SE, Bellows RA, MacNeil MD, Hafs HD. Induced and synchronized estrus cycle: Dose titration of estradiol benzoate in peripubertal heifers and postpartum cows after treatment with an intravaginal progesterone-releasing insert and prostaglandin F2. J Anim Sci 1998, 76: 1662-1670 [PubMed].
- Pancarci SM, Jordan ER, Risco CA, Schouten MJ, Lopes FL, Moreira F, Thatcher WW. Use of estradiol cypionate in a presynchronized timed artificial insemination program for lactating dairy cattle. J Dairy Sci 2002, 85: 122-131 [PubMed].
- Fullenwider J, Kempfer R, Barthle C, Lemaster W, Yelich J. Use of intravaginal progesterone-releasing device (CIDR) for timed artificial insemination (AI) in crossbred cattle of Bos indicus breeding. Beef cattle report, Dept Anim Sci Univ of Florida, Gainesville, 2001, p 36-40.
- Alnimer M, De Rosa G, Grasso F, Napolitano F, Bordi A. Effect of climate on the response to three oestrous synchronization techniques in lactating dairy cows. Anim Reprod Sci 2001, 71: 157-168.
- Jobst SM, Nebel RL, McGilliard ML, Pelzer KD. Evaluation of reproductive performance in lactating dairy cows with prostaglandin F2, gonadotropin-releasing hormone, and timed artificial insemination. J Dairy Sci 2000, 83: 2366-2372 [PubMed].
- Chebel RC, Santos JEP, Cerri RLA, Galvao KN, Juchem SO, Thatcher WW. Effect of resynchronization with GnRH on day 21 after artificial insemination on pregnancy rate and pregnancy loss in lactating dairy cows. Therio-genology 2003, 60: 1389-1399.
- Humblot P. Use of pregnancy specific proteins and progesterone assays to monitor pregnancy and determine the timing, frequencies and sources of embryonic mortality in ruminants. Theriogenology 2001, 56: 1417-1433 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Szenci O, Beckers JF, Humblot P, Sulon J, Sasser G, Taverne MAM, Varga J, Baltusen R, Schekk G. Comparison of ultrasonography, bovine pregnancy-specific protein B, and bovine pregnancy-associated glycoprotein tests for pregnancy detection in dairy cows. Theriogenology 1998, 50: 77-88 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Moreira F, Riscot CA, Pires MFA, Ambrose JD, Drost M, Thatcher WW. Use of bovine somatotropin in lactating dairy cows receiving timed artificial insemination. J Dairy Sci 2000, 83: 1237-1247 [PubMed].
- Starbuck MJ, Dailey RA, Inskeep EK. Factors affecting retention of early pregnancy in dairy cattle. Anim Reprod Sci 2004, 84: 27-39 [CrossRef] [PubMed].