Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 45, Number 6, November-December 2005
|Page(s)||689 - 698|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 45 689-698
- Murdoch WJ, Van-Kirk EA. Luteal dysfunction in ewes induced to ovulate early in the follicular phase. Endocrinology 1998, 139: 3480-3484 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Baril G, Remy B, Leboeuf B, Beckers JF, Saumande J. Synchronization of estrus in goats: the relationship between eCG binding in plasma, time of occurrence of estrus and fertility following artificial insemination. Theriogenology 1996, 45: 1553-1559 [CrossRef].
- Baird DT, McNeilly AS. Gonadotrophin control of follicular development and function during the estrous cycle of the ewe. J Reprod Fertil Suppl 1981, 30: 119-133 [PubMed].
- Thatcher WW, Macmillan KL, Hansen PJ, Drost M. Concepts for regulation of corpus luteum function by the conceptus and ovarian follicles to improve fertility. Theriogenology 1989, 31: 149-164 [CrossRef].
- Rosenberg M, Kaiw M, Herz Z, Folman Y. Comparison of methods for the synchronization of estrous cycles in dairy cows. 1. Effects on plasma progesterone and manifestation of estrus. J Dairy Sci 1990, 73: 2807-2816 [PubMed].
- Wolfenson D, Thatcher WW, Savio JD, Badinga L, Lucy MC. The effect of a GnRH analogue on the dynamics of follicular development and synchronization of estrus in lactating cyclic dairy cows. Theriogenology 1994, 42: 633-644 [CrossRef].
- Quirke JF, Hanrahan JP, Gosling JP. Duration of estrus, ovulation rate, time of ovulation and plasma LH, total estrogen and progesterone in Galway adult ewes and ewe lambs. J Reprod Fertil 1981, 61: 265-272 [PubMed].
- Riter AJ, Maxwell WM, Salamon S. Ovulation and LH secretion in the goat after intravaginal progestagen sponge-PMSG treatment. J Reprod Fertil 1984, 72: 559-563 [PubMed].
- Husein MQ, Bailey MT, Ababneh MM, Romano JE, Crabo BG, Wheaton JE. Transcervical artificial insemination of ewes out-of-season using frozen-thawed semen: effect of equine chorionic gonadotropin on pregnancy rate. Theriogenology 1998, 49: 997-1005 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Webb R, Baxter G, McBride D, Ritchie M, Sproinbett AJ. Mechanisms controlling ovulation rate in ewes in relation to seasonal anestrus. J Reprod Fertil 1992, 94: 229-241.
- Thatcher WW, Drost M, Savio JD, Macmillan KL, Entwistle KW, Schmitt EJ, de la Sota RL, Morris GR. New clinical uses of GnRH and its analogue in cattle. Anim Reprod Sci 1993, 33: 27-49 [CrossRef].
- Rubianes E, Menchaca A. The pattern and manipulation of ovarian follicular growth in goats. Anim Reprod Sci 2003, 78: 271-287 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Greyling JPC, Van Nierkerk CH, Grobbelaar JAN. Synchronization of estrus in the Boar goat doe: the response to the use of intravaginal progestagen and PMSG. S Afr J Anim Sci 1985, 15: 52-55.
- McLeod BJ, Haresign W, Lamming GE. Response of seasonally anestrous ewes to small-dose multiple injections of GnRH with and without progesterone pretreatment. J Reprod Fertil 1982, 65: 223-230 [PubMed].
- Moore NM, Eppleston J. The control of estrus, ovulation and fertility in relation to artificial insemination in the angora goat. Aust J Agric Res 1979, 30: 965-972 [CrossRef].
- Beck NFG, Jones M, Davies B, Peters AR, Williams SP. Estrus synchronization in ewes: The effect of combining a prostaglandin analogue with a GnRH agonist (buserelin). Anim Sci 1996, 62: 85-87.
- Riter AJ, Salamon S, Ball PD, O'May PJ. Ovulation and fertility in goats after intravaginal device-PMSG treatment. Small Rum Res 1989, 2: 323-331.
- Pierson JT, Baldassare H, Keefer CL, Downey BR. Influence of GnRH administration on timing of the LH and ovulation in dwarf goats. Theriogenology 2003, 60: 397-406 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Twagiramungu H, Guilbault LA, Dufour JJ. Synchronization of ovarian follicular waves with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist to increase the precision of estrus in cattle: A review. J Anim Sci 1995, 73: 3141-3151 [PubMed].
- Anderson LH, Day ML. Acute progesterone administration regresses persistent dominant follicles and improves fertility of cattle in which estrus was synchronized with melenogestrol acetate. J Anim Sci 1994, 72: 2955-2961 [PubMed].
- Baril G, Leboeuf B, Saumande J. Synchronization of estrus in goats: the relation between time of occurrence of estrus and fertility following artificial insemination. Theriogenology 1993, 40: 621-628 [CrossRef].
- Billings HJ, Katz LS. Facilitation of sexual behavior in French-Alpine goats treated with intravaginal progesterone-releasing devices and estradiol during the breeding and nonbreeding seasons. J Anim Sci 1999, 77: 2073-2078 [PubMed].
- McLeod BJ, Haresign W. Evidence that progesterone may influence subsequent luteal function in the ewe by modulating preovulatory follicle development. J Reprod Fertil 1984, 71: 381-386 [PubMed].
- Seguin B. Estrus synchronization. In: Current Veterinary Therapy, Howard and Smith (Eds), W.B. Sounders Co, Philadelphia, 1999, p 580-587.
- Waldron DF, Willingham TD, Thompson PV, Bretzlaff KN. Effect of concomitant injection of prostaglandin and PMSG on pregnancy rate and prolificacy of artificially inseminated Spanish goats synchronized with controlled internal drug release devices. Small Rumin Res 1999, 31: 177-179 [CrossRef].
- Romano JE. Synchronization of estrus using CIDR, FGA or MAP intravaginal pessaries during the breeding season in Nubian goats. Small Rumin Res 2004, 55: 15-19 [CrossRef].
- Corteel JM, Leboeuf B, Baril G. Artificial breeding of adult goat and kids induced with hormones to ovulate outside the breeding season. Small Rumin Res 1988, 1: 19-35 [CrossRef].
- Dahms MK, Barthle C, Portillo GE, Thatcher W, Yelich JV. Duration of melenogestrol acetate treatment in a GnRH or estradiol benzoate/progesterone and prostaglandin F2-alpha synchronization system in cattle of Bos indicus breeding. UF-IFAS. Beef Report-Dep Anim Sci 2002, p 69-71.
- Cardenas H, McClure KE, Pope WF. Luteal function and blastocyst development in ewes following treatment with PGF2 and GnRH. Theriogenology 1993, 40: 865-872 [CrossRef].
- Husein MQ, Kridli RT. Effect of progesterone prior to GnRH-PGF2 treatment on induction of estrus and pregnancy in anestrous Awassi ewes. Reprod Domest Anim 2003, 38: 228-232 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Robin N, Laforest JP, Lussier JG, Guilbault LA. Induction of estrus with intramuscular injections of GnRH or PMSG in lactating goats (Capra hircus) primed with progestagen during seasonal anestrus. Theriogenology 1994, 42: 107-116 [CrossRef].
- Cartmill JA, El-Zarkouny SZ, Hensley BA, Lamb GC, Stevenson JS. Stage of cycle, incidence, and timing of ovulation, and pregnancy rates in dairy cattle after three timed breeding protocols. J Dairy Sci 2003, 81: 1051-1059.