Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 46, Number 1, January-February 2006
|Page(s)||63 - 67|
|Published online||27 January 2006|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 46 63-67
- Innis SM. Perinatal biochemistry and physiology of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. J Pediatr 2003, 143 (Suppl): S1-S8.
- Larque E, Demmelmair H, Koletzko B. Perinatal supply and metabolism of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids: importance for the early development of the nervous system. Ann NY Acad Sci 2002, 967: 299-310.
- Salem N, Wegher B, Mena P, Uauy R. Arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids are biosynthesized from their 18-carbon precursors in human infants. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1996, 93: 49-54 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Postle AD, Al MD, Burdge GC, Hornstra G. The composition of individual molecular species of plasma phosphatidylcholine in human pregnancy. Early Hum Dev 1995, 43: 47-58 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Otto SJ, Houwelingen AC, Antal M, Manninen A, Godfrey K, Lopez-Jaramillo P, Hornstra G. Maternal and neonatal essential fatty acid status in phospholipids: an international comparative study. Eur J Clin Nutr 1997, 51: 232-242 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Otto SJ, van Houwelingen AC, Badart-Smook A, Hornstra G. Changes in the maternal essential fatty acid profile during early pregnancy and the relation of the profile to diet. Am J Clin Nutr 2001, 73: 302-307 [PubMed].
- Al MD, van Houwelingen AC, Kester AD, Hasaart TH, de Jong AE, Hornstra G. Maternal essential fatty acid patterns during normal pregnancy and their relationship to the neonatal essential fatty acid status. Br J Nutr 1995, 74: 55-68 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Matorras R, Ruiz JI, Perteagudo L, Barbazan MJ, Diaz A, Valladolid A, Sanjurjo P. Longitudinal study of fatty acids in plasma and erythrocyte phospholipids during pregnancy. J Perinat Med 2001, 29: 293-297 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Folch JL, Lees M, Sloane-Stanley GH. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. J Biol Chem 1957, 226: 497-509 [PubMed].
- Burdge GC, Wright P, Jones AE, Wootton SA. A method for separation of phosphatidylcholine, triacylglycerol, non-esterified fatty acids and cholesterol esters from plasma by solid-phase extraction. Br J Nutr 2000, 84: 781-787 [PubMed].
- Sherman RC, Burdge GC, Ali Z, Singh KL, Wootton SA, Jackson AA. Effect of pregnancy on plasma lipid concentration in Trinidadian women. Result of a pilot study. West Indian Med J 2001, 50: 282-287 [PubMed].
- Herrera E. Lipid metabolism in pregnancy and its consequences in the fetus and newborn. Endocrine 2002, 19: 43-55 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Samborski RW, Ridgway ND, Vance DE. Evidence that only newly made phosphatidylethanolamine is methylated to phosphatidylcholine and that phosphatidylethanolamine is not significantly deacylated-reacylated in rat hepatocytes. J Biol Chem 1990, 265: 18322-18329 [PubMed].
- Ghebremeskel K, Crawford MA, Lowy C, Min Y, Thomas B, Golfetto I, Bitsanis D, Costeloe K. Arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids are strongly associated in maternal and neonatal blood. Eur J Clin Nutr 2000, 54: 50-56 [CrossRef] [PubMed].