Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 43, Number 1, January-February 2003
|Page(s)||77 - 90|
- Bedford MR. Mechanism of action and potential environmental benefits from the use of feed enzymes. Anim Feed Sci Technol 1995, 53: 145-155.
- Smits CHM, Annison G. Non-starch polysaccharides in broiler nutrition - towards a physiologically valid approach to their determination. World's Poult Sci J 1996, 52: 203-221.
- Bach Knudsen KE. Carbohydrate and lignin contents of plant materials used in animal feeding. Anim Feed Sci Technol 1997, 67: 319-338.
- Leeson S, Yersin A, Volker L. Nutritive value of the 1992 corn crop. J Appl Poult Res 1993, 2: 208-213.
- Collins NE, Moran ET, Stilborn HL. Corn hybrid and bird maturity affect apparent metabolizable energy values. Poult Sci 1998, 77: 42.
- McDonald P, Edwards RA, Greenhalgh JFD, Morgan CA. Animal nutrition. Longman Scientific and Technical, Harlow, UK. 1995.
- Noy Y, Sklan D. Digestion and absorption in the young chick. Poult Sci 1994, 74: 366-373.
- Brown I. Complex carbohydrates and resistant starch. Nutr Rev 1996, 54: S115-S119.
- Panigrahi S, Bestwick LA, Davis RH, Wood CD. The nutritive value of stackburned yellow maize for livestock: tests in vitro and in broiler chicks. Br J Nutr 1996, 76: 97-108.
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Official methods of analysis. AOAC, Washington, DC, USA. 1992.
- Fisher C. Energy values of compound poultry feeds, Occasional Publication No. 2. Poult Research Centre, Agricultural Research Council, Roslin, UK. 1982.
- Englyst HN, Kingman SM, Cummings JH. Classification and measurement of nutritionally important starch fractions. Eur J Clin Nutr 1992, 46: S33-S50.
- Annison G, Hughes RJ, Choct M. Effects of enzyme supplementation on the nutritive value of dehulled lupins. Br Poult Sci 1996, 37: 157-172.
- Bradford M. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal Biochem 1976, 72: 248-254.
- Shirazi-Beechey SP, Smith MW, Wang Y, James PS. Postnatal development of lamb intestinal digestive enzymes is not regulated by diet. J Physiol 1991, 437: 691-698.
- Nitsan Z, Dror Y, Nir I, Shapira I. The effects of force-feeding on enzymes of the liver, kidney, pancreas and digestive tract of chicks. Br J Nutr 1974, 32: 241-247.
- Iji PA, Saki A, Tivey DR. Body and intestinal growth of broiler chicks on a commercial starter diet. 2. Development and characteristics of intestinal enzymes. Br Poult Sci 2001, 42: 514-522.
- Miller GL, Blum R, Glennon WE, Burton AL. Measurement of carboxymethylcellulase activity. Anal Biochem 1960, 2: 127-132.
- Dahlqvist D. Method for assay of intestinal disaccharidases. Anal Biochem 1964, 7: 18-25.
- Holdsworth ES. The effect of vitamin D on enzyme activities in the mucosal cells of the chick small intestine. J Membr Biol 1970, 3: 43-53.
- Smeltzer MS, Hart ME, Iandolo JJ. Quantitative spectrophotometric assay for Staphylococcal lipase. Appl Environ Microbiol 1992, 58: 2815-2519.
- Serviere-Zaragoza E, Navarrete del Toro MA, Garcia-Carreno FL. Protein-hydrolyzing enzymes in the digestive system of the adult Mexican blue abalone, Haliotis fulgens (Gastropoda). Aquaculture 1997, 157: 325-336.
- Minitab Inc. Minitab Release 12.1. Minitab Inc, State College, PA 16801-3008, USA, 1998.
- Goda T, Urakawa T, Watanabe M, Takase S. Effect of high-amylose starch on carbohydrate digestive capability and lipogenesis in epididymal adipose tissue and liver of rats. J Nutr Biochem 1994, 5: 256-260.
- De Shrijver R, Vanhoof K, vande Ginste J. Nutrient utilization in rats and pigs fed enzyme resistant starch. Nutr Res 1999, 19: 1349-1361.
- Ito T, Saito K, Sugarawa M, Mochida K, Nakakuki T. Effect of raw and heat-moisture-treated high-amylose corn starches on the process of digestion in the rat digestive tract. J Sci Food Agric 1999, 79: 1203-1207.
- Bedford MR. Enzymes for cereals which do not pose viscosity problems. In: Proceedings of the 3rd European symposium on feed enzymes, Noordwijkerhout, the Netherlands, 2000. p 8.
- Jacobs H, Delcour JA. Hydrothermal modifications of granular starch, with retention of the granular structure - a review. J Agric Food Chem 1998, 46: 2895-2905.
- Jacobs H, Eerlingen RC, Spaepen H, Grobet PJ, Delcour JA. Impact of annealing on the susceptibility of wheat, potato and pea starches to hydrolysis with pancreatin. Carbohydr Res 1998, 305: 193-207.
- Mahagna M, Nir I, Larbier M, Nitsan Z. Effect of age and exogenous amylase and protease on development of the digestive tract, pancreatic enzyme activities and digestibility of nutrients in young meat-type chicks. Reprod Nutr Dev 1995, 35: 201-212.
- Johnson IT, Gee JM, Mahoney RR. Effect of dietary supplements of guar gum and cellulose on intestinal cell proliferation, enzyme levels and sugar transport in the rat. Br J Nutr 1984, 52: 477-487.
- Chinery R, Goodlad RA, Wright NA. Soy polysaccharide in an enteral diet: effects on rat intestinal cell proliferation, morphology and metabolic function. Clin Biochem 1992, 11: 277-283.
- Pell JD, Gee JM, Wortley GM, Johnson IT. Dietary corn oil and guar gum stimulate intestinal crypt cell proliferation in rats by independent but potentially synergistic mechanisms. J Nutr 1992, 122: 2447-2456.
- De Shrijver R, Vanhoof K, vande Ginste J. Effect of enzyme resistant starch on large bowel fermentation in rats and pigs. Nutr Res 1999, 19: 927-936.
- Choct M, Hughes RJ, Wang J, Bedford MR, Morgan AJ, Annison G. Increased small intestinal fermentation is partly responsible for the anti-nutritive activity of non-starch polysaccharides in chickens. Br Poult Sci 1996, 37: 609-621.
- Jorgensen H, Xinquan Z, Bach-Knudsen KE, Eggum BO. The influence of dietary fibre source and level on development of the gastrointestinal tract, digestibility and energy metabolism in broiler chickens. Br J Nutr 1996, 75: 379-395.
- Baranyiova E, Holman J. Morphological changes in the intestinal wall in fed and fasted chickens in the first week after hatching. Acta Vet Brno 1976, 45: 151-158.
- Moran ET. Digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in fowl and events through perinatal development. J Nutr 1985, 115: 665-674.
- Tivey DR, Smith MW. Cytochemical analysis of single villus peptidase activities in pig intestine during neonatal development. Histochem J 1989, 21: 9-10.
- Leeson S, Summers J, Daynard TB. The effect of kernel maturity at harvest as measured by moisture content, on the metabolizable energy value of corn. Poult Sci 1977, 56: 154-156.
- Barrier-Guillot B, Jondreville C, Chagneau AM, Larbier M, Leuillet M. Effect of heat drying temperature on the nutritive value of corn in chickens and pigs. Anim Feed Sci Technol 1993, 41: 149-159.
Copyright INRA, EDP Sciences