Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 45, Number 1, January-February 2005
|Page(s)||101 - 108|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 45 101-108
- Catt KJ, Harwood JP, Clayton RN, Davies TF, Chan V, Katikineni M, Nozu K, Dufau ML. Regulation of peptide hormone receptors and gonadal steroidogenesis. Recent Prog Horm Res 1980, 36: 557-662.
- Stocco DM, Clark BJ. Regulation of the acute production of steroids in steroidogenic cells. Endocr Rev 1996, 17: 221-244.
- Manna PR, Dyson MT, Eubank DW, Clark BJ, Lalli E, Sassone-Corsi P, Zeleznick AJ, Stocco DM. Regulation of steroidogenesis and the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein by a member of the cAMP response-element binding protein family. Mol Endocrinol 2002, 16: 184-199.
- Sullivan MH, Cooke BA. The role of Ca2+ in steroidogenesis in Leydig cells. Stimulation of intracellular free Ca2+ by lutropin (LH), luliberin (LHRH) agonist and cyclic AMP. Biochem J 1986, 236: 45-51.
- Lee PS, Buchan AM, Hsueh AJ, Yuen BH, Leung PC. Intracellular calcium mobilization in response to the activation of human wild-type and chimeric gonadotropin receptors. Endocrinology 2002, 143: 1732-1740.
- Choi MS, Cooke BA. Evidence for two independent pathways in the stimulation of steroidogenesis by luteinizing hormone involving chloride channels and cyclic AMP. FEBS Lett 1990, 261: 402-404.
- Cooke BA, Dirami G, Chaudry L, Choi MS, Abayasekara DR, Phipp L. Release of arachidonic acid and the effects of corticosteroids on steroidogenesis in rat testis Leydig cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 1991, 40: 465-471.
- Herrlich A, Kuhn B, Grosse R, Schmid A, Schultz G, Gudermann T. Involvement of Gs and Gi proteins in dual coupling of the luteinizing hormone receptor to adenylyl cyclase and phospholipase C. J Biol Chem 1996, 271: 16764-16772.
- Gyles SL, Burns CJ, Whitehouse BJ, Sugden D, Marsh PJ, Persaud SJ, Jones PM. ERKs regulate cyclic AMP-induced steroid synthesis through transcription of the steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) gene. J Biol Chem 2001, 276: 34888-34895.
- Dewi DA, Abayasekara DR, Wheeler-Jones CP. Requirement for ERK1/2 activation in the regulation of progesterone production in human granulosa-lutein cells is stimulus specific. Endocrinology 2002, 143: 877-888.
- Seger R, Hanoch T, Rosenberg R, Dantes A, Merz WE, Strauss JF, Amsterdam A. The ERK signaling cascade inhibits gonadotropin-stimulated steroidogenesis. J Biol Chem 2001, 276: 13957-13964.
- Guillou F, Martinat N, Combarnous Y. Rapid in vitro desensitisation of the testosterone response in rat Leydig cells by sub-active concentrations of porcine luteinizing hormone. FEBS Lett 1985,1 84: 6-9.
- Sharpe RM, Cooper I. Stimulatory effect of LHRH and its agonists on Leydig cell steroidogenesis in vitro. Mol Cell Endocrinol 1982, 26: 141-150.
- Rebois RV. Establishment of gonadotropin-responsive murine leydig tumor cell line. J Cell Biol 1982, 94: 70-76.
- Saumande J, Tamboura D, Chupin D. Changes in milk and plasma concentrations of progesterone in cows after treatment to induce superovulation and their relationships with number of ovulations and of embryos collected. Theriogenology 1985, 23: 719-731.
- Chopineau M, Martinat N, Troispoux C, Marichatou H, Combarnous Y, Stewart F, Guillou F. Expression of horse and donkey LH in COS-7 cells: evidence for low FSH activity in donkey LH compared with horse LH. J Endocrinol 1997, 152: 371-377.
- Hales K, Diemer T, Ginde S, Shankar BK, Roberts M, Bosmann HB, Hales DB. Diametric effects of bacterial entoxin lipopolysaccharide on adrenal and Leydig cell steroidogenic acute regulatory protein. Endocrinology 2000, 141: 4000-4012.
- Luo L, Chen H, Stocco DM, Zirkin BR. Leydig cell protein synthesis and steroidogenesis in response to acute stimulation by luteinizing hormone in rats. Biol Reprod 1998, 59: 263-270.
- Stocco DM, Sodeman TC. The 30-kDa mitochondrial proteins induced by hormone stimulation in MA-10 mouse Leydig tumor cells are processed from larger precursors. J Biol Chem 1991, 266: 19731-19738.
- Houk CP, Pearson EJ, Martinelle N, Donahoe PK, Teixeira J. Feedback inhibition of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein expression in vitro and in vivo by androgens. Endocrinology 2004, 145: 1269-1275.
- Laurich VM, Trbovich AM, O'Neill FH, Houk CP, Sluss PM, Payne AH, Donahoe PK, Teixeira J. Mullerian inhibiting substance blocks the protein kinase A-induced expression of cytochrome p450 17alpha-hydroxylase/C(17-20) lyase mRNA in a mouse Leydig cell line independent of cAMP responsive element binding protein phosphorylation. Endocrinology 2002, 143: 3351-3360.
- Davies PS, Reddy H, Caivano M, Cohen P. Specificity and mechanism of action of some commonly used protein kinase inhibitors. Biochem J 2000, 351: 95-105.
- Mendelson C, Dufau M, Catt K. Gonadotropin binding and stimulation of cyclic adenosine 3':5'-monophosphate and testosterone production in isolated Leydig cells. J Biol Chem 1975, 250: 8818-8823.
- Ascoli M, Fanelli F, Segaloff DL. The lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor, a 2002 perspective. Endocr Rev 2002, 23: 141-174 [CrossRef].
- Hirakawa T, Galet C, Ascoli M. MA-10 cells transfected with the human lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor (hLHR): a novel experimental paradigm to study the functional properties of the hLHR. Endocrinology 2002, 143: 1026-1035.
- Combarnous Y, Guillou F, Martinat N. Functional states of the luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin-receptor complex in rat Leydig cells. J Biol Chem 1986, 261: 6868-6871.
- Salesse R, Dacheux F, Genty N, Garnier J. Dual internalization pathway for lutropin and choriogonadotropin in porcine Leydig cells in primary culture. Biol Cell 1989, 66: 297-306.
- Hirakawa T, Ascoli M. The lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor (LHR)-induced phosphorylation of the extracellular signal regulated kinases (ERKs) in Leydig cells is mediated by a protein kinase A-dependent activation of Ras. Mol Endocrinol 2003,17: 2189-2200.
- Hardy MP, Kelce WR, Klinefelter GR, Ewing LL. Differentiation of Leydig cell precursors in vitro: a role for androgen. Endocrinology 1990, 127: 488-490.