Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 44, Number 6, November-December 2004
|Page(s)||617 - 629|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 44 617-629
- Kitayama T. Study on testicular temperature in man. Acta Urol Japon 1965, 11: 435-437.
- Waites GMH. Temperature regulation and the testis. In: John AD, Gomes WR, VanDemark NL (Eds), The Testis I, Academic Press, London, 1970, p 241-279.
- Waites GMH. Temperature regulation and fertility in male and female mammals. Isr J Med Sci 1976, 9: 982-993.
- Setchell BP. The scrotum and thermoregulation. In: Setchell BP (Ed), The Mammalian Testis, Paul Elek Press, London, 1978, p 90-108.
- Moule GR, Waites GMH. Seminal degeneration in the ram and its relation to the temperature of the scrotum. J Reprod Fertil 1963, 5: 433-446.
- Wettemann RP, Bazer FW. Influence of environmental temperature on prolificacy of pigs. J Reprod Fertil 1985, 33 (Suppl): 199-208.
- Bellve AR. Viability and survival of mouse embryos following parental exposure to high temperature. J Reprod Fertil 1972, 30: 71-81.
- Burfening PJ, Elliot DS, Eisen EJ, Ulberg LC. Survival of embryos resulting from spermatozoa produced by mice exposed to elevated ambient temperature. J Anim Sci 1970, 30: 578-582.
- Zhu B, Walker SK, Setchell BP, Maddocks S. The effect of paternal heat stress on development in vitro of preimplantation embryos in the mouse. Proc Aust Soc Reprod Biol 1999, 30: 62.
- Howarth B, Alliston CW, Ulberg LC. Importance of uterine environment on rabbit sperm prior to fertilization. J Anim Sci 1965, 24: 1027-1032.
- Burfening PJ, Ulberg LC. Embryonic survival subsequent to culture of rabbit spermatozoa at 38 °C and 40 °C. J Reprod Fertil 1968, 15: 87-92.
- Mieusset R, Quintana Casares P, Sanchez Partida G, Sowerbutts SF, Zupp JL, Setchell BP. Effects of heating the testes and epididymides of ram by scrotal insulation on fertility and embryonic mortality in ewes inseminated with frozen semen. J Reprod Fertil 1992, 94: 337-343.
- Dutt RH, Simpson EC. Environmental temperature and fertility of Southdown rams early in the breeding season. J Anim Sci 1957, 16: 136-143.
- Fowler DG, Dun RB. Skin folds and merino breeding. 4. The susceptibility of rams selected for a high degree of skin wrinkle to heat induced infertility. Aust J Exp Agric Anim Husb 1966, 6: 121-127.
- Howarth B. Fertility in the ram following exposure to elevated ambient temperature and humility. J Reprod Fertil 1969, 19: 179-183.
- Rathore AK. Fertility of rams heated for 1, 2, 3, and 4 days, mated to superovulated ewes. Aust J Agric Res 1970, 21: 355-358 [CrossRef].
- Braden AWH, Mattner PE. The effects of scrotal heating in the ram on semen characteristics, fecundity and embryonic mortality. Aust J Agric Res 1970, 12: 509-518.
- Setchell BP, D'Occhio MJ, Hall MJ, Laurie MS, Tucker MJ, Zupp JL. Is embryonic mortality increased in normal females mated to subfertile males? J Reprod Fertil 1988, 82: 567-574.
- Levine RJ, Bordson BL, Mathew RM, Brown MH, Stanley JM, Starr TB. Deterioration of semen quality during summer in New Orleans. Fertil Steril 1988, 49: 900-907.
- Levine RJ, Mathew RW, Brandon Chenault C, Brown MH, Hurtt ME, Bentley KS, Mohr KL, Working PK. Differences in the quality of semen in outdoor workers during summer and winter. N Engl J Med 1990, 323: 12-16.
- Tjoa WS, Smolensky MH, Hsi BP, Steinberger E, Smith KD. Circannuate rhythm in human sperm count revealed by serially independent sampling. Fertil Steril 1982, 38: 454-459.
- Gyllenborg J, Skakkebaek NE, Nielsen NC, Keiding N, Giwercman A. Secular and seasonal changes in semen quality among young Danish men: a statistical analysis of semen samples from 1927 donor candidates during 1977-1995. Int J Androl 1999, 22: 28-36.
- Robinson D, Rock J. Intrascrotal hyperthermia induced by scrotal insulation: effect of spermatogenesis. Obstet Gynecol 1967, 29: 217-223.
- Thonneau P, Ducot B, Bujan L, Mieusset R, Spira A. Effect of male occupational heat exposure on time to pregnancy. Int J Androl 1997, 20: 274-278.
- Bamba K. Evaluation of acrosomal integrity of boar spermatozoa by bright-field microscopy using an eosin-nigrosin stain. Theriogenology 1988, 29: 1245-1251.
- Gangrade BK, Dominic CL. Oestrous induction in unisexually grouped mice by multiple short-term exposures to males. Biol Reprod 1984, 31: 89-96.
- Jemiolo B, Harvey S, Novotny M. Promotion of the Whitten effect in female mice by synthetic analogs of male urinary constituents. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1986, 83: 4576-4579.
- Zhu B, Walker SK, Maddocks S. Optimisation of in vitro culture conditions in B6CBF1 mouse embryos. Reprod Nutr Dev 2004, 44: 219-231.
- Quinn P, Kerin JF, Wanes GM. Improved pregnancy rate in human in vitro fertilization with the use of a medium based on the composition of human tubal fluid. Fertil Steril 1985, 44: 493-498.
- Nicolson GL, Yanagamachi R, Yanagamachi H. Ultrastructural localisation of lectin-binding sites on the zonae pellucidae and plasma membranes of mammalian eggs. J Cell Biol 1975, 66: 263-274.
- Chatot CL, Ziomek CA, Bavister BD, Lewis JL, Torres I. An improved culture medium supports development of random-bred 1-cell mouse embryos in vitro. J Reprod Fertil 1989, 86: 679-688.
- Cairnie AB, Leach KE. Quantitative studies of cytological damage in mouse testis produced by exposure to heat. Can J Genet Cytol 1980, 22: 93-102.
- Jannes P, Spiessens C, Van der Auwera I, D'Hooghe T, Verhoeven G, Vanderschueren D. Male subfertility induced by acute scrotal heating affects embryo quality in normal female mice. Hum Reprod 1998, 13: 372-375.
- Casady RB, Myers RM, Legates JE. The effect of exposure to high ambient temperature on spermatogenesis in the dairy bull. J Dairy Sci 1953, 36: 14-23.
- Skinner JD, Louw GN. Heat stress and spermatogenesis in Bos indicus and Bos Taurus cattle. J Appl Physiol 1966, 21: 1784-1790 [PubMed].
- Vogler CJ, Bame JH, DeJarnette JM, McGilliard ML, Saacke RG. Effects of elevated testicular temperature on morphology characteristics of ejaculated spermatozoa in the bovine. Theriogenology 1993, 40: 1207-1219.
- Smith JF. The effect of temperature on characteristics of semen in rams. Aust J Agric Res 1971, 22: 481-490.
- Larsson K, Einarsson S. Seminal changes in boars after heat stress. Acta Vet Scand 1984, 25: 57-66.
- Malmgren L, Larsson K. Semen quality and fertility after heat stress in boars. Acta Vet Scand 1984, 25: 425-435.
- Bellve AR. Development of mouse embryos with abnormalities induced by parental heat stress. J Reprod Fertil 1973, 35: 393-403.
- Oakberg EF. Duration of spermatogenesis in the mouse. Nature 1957, 180: 1137-1138.
- Dadoune JP, Alfonsi MF. Autoradiographic investigation of sperm transit through the male mouse genital tract after tritiated thymidine incorporation. Reprod Nutr Dev 1984, 24: 927-935.
- Vogler CJ, Saacke RG, Bame JH, Dejarnette JM, McGilliard ML. Effects of scrotal insulation on viability characteristics of cryopreserved bovine semen. J Dairy Sci 1991, 74: 3827-3835.
- Sailer BL, Sarhar LJ, Bjordahl JA, Jost LK, Evenson DP. Effects of heat stress on the mouse testicular cells and sperm chromatin structure. J Androl 1997, 18: 294-301.
- Karabinus DS, Vogler CJ, Saacke RG, Evenson DP. Chromatin structural changes in sperm after scrotal insulation of Holstein bulls. J Androl 1997, 18: 549-555.
- Setchell BP, Ekpe G, Zupp JL, Surani MAH. Transient retardation in embryo growth in normal female mice made pregnant by males whose testes had been heated. Hum Reprod 1998, 13: 342-347.
- Haig D, Westoby M. Parent-specific gene expression and the triploid endosperm. Am Nat 1989, 134: 147-155.
- Latham KE, Rambhatla L, Hayashizaki Y, Chapman VM. Stage-specific induction and regulation by genomic imprinting of the mouse U2afbp-rs gene during preimplantation development. Dev. Biol 1995, 168: 670-676.
- Latham KE, Garrels JI, Chang C, Solter D. Quantitative analysis of protein synthesis in mouse embryos I. Extensive reprogramming at the one- and two-cell stages. Development 1991, 112: 921-932.
- Poueymirou WT, Schultz RM. Regulation of mouse preimplantation development: inhibition of synthesis of proteins in the two-cell embryo that require transcription by inhibitors of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Dev Biol 1989, 133: 588-599.
- Schultz RM. Regulation of zygotic gene activation in the mouse. BioEssays 1993, 15: 531-538.
- Bensuade O, Babinet C, Morange M, Jacob F. Heat shock proteins, first major products of zygotic gene activity in mouse embryo. Nature 1983, 305: 331-332 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Christians E, Michel E, Adenot P, Mezger V, Rallu M, Morange M, Renard JP. Evidence for the involvement of mouse heat shock factor 1 in the atypical expression of the HSP70.1 heat shock gene during mouse zygotic genome activation. Mol Cell Biol 1997, 17: 778-788.
- Thompson EM, Legouy EL, Christians E, Renard JP. Progressive maturation of chromatin structure regulates HSP70.1 gene expression in the preimplantation mouse embryo. Development 1995, 121: 3425-3427.
- Davis WJ, DeSousa PA, Schultz RM. Transient expression of translation initiation factor elF-4C during the 2-cell stage of the preimplantation mouse embryo: identification by mRNA differential display and the role of DNA replication in zygotic gene activation. Dev Biol 1996, 174: 190-201.
- De Vita R, Calugi A, Forte D, Chiarantano C, Uccell R, Vizzone A, Mauro F. Cellular effects of heat on mouse spermatogenesis. In: Burger G, Ploem JS, Goerttler K (Eds), Clinical Cytometry and Histometry, Academic Press, London, 1987, p 300-302.
- De Vita R, Calugi A, Chiarantano C, Forte D, Mauro F, Uccelli R. Effects of heat on mouse spermatogenesis monitored by flow cytometry. Int J Hyperthermia 1990, 6: 543-551.
- Worrad DM, Schultz RM. Regulation of gene expression in the preimplantation mouse embryo: temporal and spatial patterns of expression of the transcription factor SP1. Mol Reprod Dev 1997, 46: 268-277.
- Latham KE. Mechanisms and control of embryonic genome activation in mammalian embryos. Int Rev Cytol 1999, 193: 71-124.
- Forlani S, Bonnerot C, Capgras S, Nicolas JF. Relief of a repressed gene expression state in the mouse 1-cell embryo requires DNA replication. Development 1998, 125: 3153-3166.
- Jurisicova A, Latham KE, Casper RF, Varmuza S. Expression and regulation of genes associated with cell death during murine preimplantation embryo development. Mol Reprod Dev 1998, 51: 243-253.