Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 44, Number 4, July-August 2004
|Page(s)||371 - 380|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 44 371-380
- Bessesen DH, Vensor SH, Jackman MR. Trafficking of dietary oleic, linolenic, and stearic acids in fasted or fed lean rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2000, 278: E1124-E1132 [PubMed].
- Massaro M, Carluccio MA, de Carerina R. Direct vascular antiatherogenic effects of oleic acid: a clue to the cardioprotective effects of the Mediterranean diet. Cardiologia 1999, 44: 507-513.
- Haban P, Zidekova E., Klvanova J. Oleic acid serum phospholipid content is linked with the serum total- and LDL-cholesterol in elderly subjects. Med Sci Monit 2000, 6: 1093-1097.
- Abia R, Pacheco YM, Montero E, Ruiz-Gutierrez V, Muriana FJ. Distribution of fatty acids from dietary oils into phospholipid classes of triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins in healthy subjects. Life Sci 2003, 72: 1643-1654.
- Khosla P, Hayes KC. Dietary palmitic acid raises plasma LDL cholesterol relative to oleic acid only at a high intake of cholesterol. Biochim Biophys Acta 1993, 1210: 13-22.
- Reaven PD, Grasse BJ, Tribble DL. Effects of linoleate-enriched and oleate-enriched diets in combination with alpha-tocopherol on the susceptibility of LDL and LDL subfractions to oxidative modification in humans. Arterioscler Thromb 1994, 14: 557-566.
- Tsimikas S, Philis-Tsimikas A, Alexopoulos S, Sigari F, Lee C. Reaven PD, LDL isolated from Greek subjects on a typical diet or from American subjects on an oleate-supplemented diet induces less monocyte chemotaxis and adhesion when exposed to oxidative stress. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 1999, 19: 122-130 [PubMed].
- Castro P, Miranda JL, Gomez P, Escalante DM, Segura FL, Martin A, Fuentes F, Blanco A, Ordovas JM, Jimenez FP. Comparison of an oleic acid enriched-diet vs. NCEP-I diet on LDL susceptibility to oxidative modifications. Eur J Clin Nutr 2000, 54: 61-67.
- Madigan C, Ryan M, Owens D, Collins P, Tomkin GH. Dietary unsaturated fatty acids in type 2 diabetes: higher levels of postprandial lipoprotein on a linoleic acid-rich sunflower oil diet compared with an oleic acid-rich olive oil diet. Diabetes Care 2000, 23: 1472-1477.
- Rocca AS, LaGreca J, Kalitsky J, Brubaker PL. Monounsaturated fatty acid diets improve glycemic tolerance through increased secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1. Endocrinology 2001, 142: 1148-1155.
- Sacks FM, Stampfer MJ, Munoz A, McManus K, Canessa M, Kass EH. Effect of linoleic and oleic acids on blood pressure, blood viscosity, and erythrocyte cation transport. J Am Coll Nutr 1987, 6: 179-185 [PubMed].
- Lu YF, Wu HL. Effect of monounsaturated fatty acids under fixed P/S and n-6/n-3 ratios on lipid metabolism in rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol 1994, 40: 189-200.
- Funari SS, Barcelo F, Escriba PV. Effects of oleic acid and its congeners, elaidic and stearic acids, on the structural properties of phosphatidylethanolamine membranes. J Lipid Res 2003, 44: 567-575 [PubMed].
- Giron MD, Mataix FJ, Faus MJ, Suarez MD. Effect of long-term feeding olive and sunflower oils on fatty acid composition and desaturation activities of liver microsomes. Biochem Int 1989, 19: 645-656.
- Navarro MD, Periago JL, Pita ML, Hortelano P. The n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid levels in rat tissue lipids increase in response to dietary olive oil relative to sunflower oil. Lipids 1994, 29: 845-849.
- Perichon R, Bourre JM. Peroxisomal beta-oxidation activity and catalase activity during development and aging in mouse liver. Biochimie 1995, 77: 288-293.
- Bourre JM, François M, Youyou A, Dumont O, Piciotti M, Pascal G, Durand G. The effects of dietary alpha-linolenic acid on the composition of nerve membranes, enzymatic activity, amplitude of electrophysiological parameters, resistance to poisons and performance of learning tasks in rats. J Nutr 1989, 119: 1880-1892 [PubMed].
- Bourre JM, Dumont O, Durand G. Does an increase in dietary linoleic acid modify tissue concentrations of cervonic acid and consequently alter alpha-linolenic requirements? Minimal requirement of linoleic acid in adult rat. Biochem Mol Biol Int 1996, 39: 607-619.
- Bourre JM, Dumont O, Pascal G, Durand G. Dietary alpha-linolenic acid at 1.3 g/kg maintains maximal docosahexaenoic acid concentration in brain, heart and liver of adult rats. J Nutr 1993, 123: 1313-1319 [PubMed].
- Corrocher R, Pagnan A, Ambrosio GB, Ferrari S, Olivieri O, Guarini P, Bassi A, Piccolo D, Gandini A, Girelli D. Effects induced by olive oil-rich diet on erythrocytes membrane lipids and sodium-potassium transports in postmenopausal hypertensive women. J Endocrinol Invest 1992, 15: 369-376.
- Rao CV, Zang E, Reddy BS. Effect of high fat corn oil, olive oil and fish oil on phospholipid fatty acid composition in male F344 rats. Lipids 1993, 28: 441-447 [PubMed].
- Periago JL, De Lucchi C, Gil A, Suarez MD, Pita ML. Lipid composition of liver microsomes in rats fed a high monounsaturated fatty acid diet. Biochim Biophys Acta 1998, 962: 66-72.
- Periago JL, Pita ML, Sanchez del Castillo MA, Caamano G, Suarez M. Changes in lipid composition of liver microsomes and fatty acyl-CoA desaturase activities induced by medium chain triglyceride feeding. Lipids 1989, 24: 383-388.
- Periago JL, Suarez MD, Pita ML. Effect of dietary olive oil, corn oil and medium-chain triglycerides on the lipid composition of rat red blood cell membranes. J Nutr 1990, 120: 986-994 [PubMed].
- Pagnan A, Corrocher R, Ambrosio GB, Ferrari S, Guarini P, Piccolo D, Opportuno A, Bassi A, Olivieri O, Baggio G. Effects of an olive-oil-rich diet on erythrocyte membrane lipid composition and cation transport systems. Clin Sci 1989, 76: 87-93.
- Klingenberg IL, Knabe DA, Smith SB. Lipid metabolism in pigs fed beef tallow or high-oleic acid sunflower oil. Comp. Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 1995, 110: 183-192.
- Seiquer I, Martinez-Victoria E, Manas M, Huertas JR, Ballesta MC, Mataix FJ. Long-term effects on lipid metabolism in miniature swine (Sus scrofa) of diets enriched in saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated (N-6 and N-3) fatty acids. Arch Physiol Biochem 1996, 104: 20-29 [PubMed].
- Vognild E, Elvevoll EO, Brox J, Olsen RL, Barstad H, Aursand M, Osterud B. Effects of dietary marine oils and olive oil on fatty acid composition, platelet membrane fluidity, platelet responses, and serum lipids in healthy humans. Lipids 1998, 33: 427-436 [PubMed].
- Marra F, Riccardi D, Melani L, Spadoni S, Galli C, Fabrizio P, Tosti-Guerra C, Carloni V, Gentilini P, Laffi G. Effects of supplementation with unsaturated fatty acids on plasma and membrane lipid composition and platelet function in patients with cirrhosis and defective aggregation. J Hepatol 1998, 28: 654-661.
- Bourre JM, Dumont OL, Clement ME, Durand GA. Endogenous synthesis cannot compensate for absence of dietary oleic acid in rats. J Nutr 1997, 127: 488-493.
- Pai T, Yeh YY. Desaturation of stearate is insufficient to increase the concentrations of oleate in cultured rat hepatocytes. J Nutr 1997, 127: 753-757.
- Aarsland A, Wolfe RR. Hepatic secretion of VLDL fatty acids during stimulated lipogenesis in men. J Lipid Res 1998, 39: 1280-1286.
- Cunnane SC. The conditional nature of the dietary need for polyunsaturates: a proposal to reclassify "essential fatty acids" as "conditionally-indispensable" or "conditionally-dispensable" fatty acids. Br J Nutr 2000, 84: 803-812.
- Bourre JM, Dumont O. Dietary oleic acid not used during brain development and in adult in rat, in contrast with sciatic nerve. Neurosci Lett 2003, 336: 180-184 [CrossRef].