Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 44, Number 2, March-April 2004
|Page(s)||111 - 121|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 44 111-121
- Adu IF, Buvanendran V, Lakpini CAM. The reproductive performance of Red Sokoto goats in Nigeria. J Agric Sci (Camb) 1979, 93: 563-566.
- Alawa JP, Umunna NN. Alternative feed formulation in the developing countries: Prospects for utilisation of agro-industrial by-products. J Anim Prod Res 1993, 13: 63-98.
- Lakpini CAM, Balogun BI, Alawa JP, Onifade OS, Otaru SM. Effects of graded levels of sun-dried cassava peels in supplement diets fed to Red Sokoto goats in the first trimester of pregnancy. Anim Feed Sci Technol 1997, 67: 197-204.
- AOAC. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Official Methods of Analysis, 13th Ed, Washington DC, USA, 1980.
- Goering HK, Van Soest PJ. Forage fibre analysis (apparatus, reagents, procedures and some applications). Agricultural Handbook 379, ARS, USDA, Washington DC, 1970.
- Kubasik NP, Hallauer GD, Brodows RG. Feeding alternatives to small ruminants. Clin Chem 1984, 30: 284-290.
- SAS. Statistical Analysis System. SAS Institute, Cary, North Carolina, USA, 1987.
- Swan H, Lamming GE. Studies on the nutrition of ruminants: II. The effect of crude fibre in maize-based rations on the carcass composition of Friesian steers. Anim Prod 1967, 9: 203-208.
- McDonald P, Edwards RA, Greenhalgh JFD. Animal Nutrition, 4th Ed, Longman Scientific and Technical, England, UK, 1988.
- Silva AT, Orskov ER. The effect of five different supplements on the degradation of straw in sheep given untreated barley straw. Anim Feed Sci Technol 1988, 19: 289-298.
- Ikhatua UI, Adu IF. A comparative evaluation of the utilization of groundnut haulms and Digitaria hay by Red Sokoto goats. J Anim Prod Res 1984, 4: 145-152.
- Alhassan WS, Ehoche OW, Adu IF, Obilara TA, Kallah MS. Crop residue potential of agricultural development projects: Nutritive value and residue management. NAPRI Annual Report, National Animal Production Research Institute, Shika, Nigeria, 1984, p 35-45.
- Ahmed MMM, El Hag FM, Wahab FS, Salih SF. Feeding strategies during summer for lactating desert goats in a rain-fed area under tropical conditions. Small Rumin Res 2001, 39: 161-166.
- Kirkpatrick R, Akindele ZT. Reproduction in West African Dwarf goats. J Anim Sci 1974, 39: 163-167.
- Mba AU, Boyo BS, Oyenuga VA. Studies on the milk composition of West African Dwarf, Red Sokoto and Saanen goats at different stages of lactation. J Dairy Res 1975, 42: 217-226 [PubMed].
- Ehoche OW, Buvanendran V. The yield and composition of milk and pre-weaning growth rate of Red Sokoto goats in Nigeria. World Rev Anim Prod 1983, 19: 19-24.
- Osinowo OA, Abubakar BY. Appropriate breeding strategies for small ruminant production in West and Central Africa. OAU/IBAR, Nairobi, Kenya, 1988.
- Sibanda LM, Ndlovu LR, Bryant MJ. Effects of a low plane nutrition during pregnancy and lactation on the performance of Matebele does and their kids. Small Rumin Res 1999, 32: 243-250.
- Adu IF, Lakpini CAM. The utilisation of dried poultry as protein supplement for growing Yankasa sheep. J Anim Prod Res 1983, 3: 49-56.
- Adu IF, Lakpini CAM. Effect of feeding chopped and unchopped groundnut haulms ("Harawa") on nutrient utilisation and the production of rumen metabolites in Yankasa lambs. Nigerian J Anim Prod 1983, 10: 110-113.
- Garmo TH. Dairy goat grazing on mountain pasture. I. Effect of supplementary feeding. Landbzukshwegsk 1986, 241: 1-19.
- Akinsoyinu AO, Tewe OO, Ngere LO, Mba AU. Milk composition and yield of the Red Sokoto (Maradi) goats. Dairy Sci Abstr 1982, 43: 83-84.
- Malau-Aduli BS, Eduvie L, Lakpini C, Malau-Aduli AEO. Chemical compositions, feed intakes and digestibilities of crop-residue based rations in non-lactating Red Sokoto goats in the subhumid zone of Nigeria. Anim Sci J 2003, 74: 89-94.
- Malau-Aduli BS, Eduvie L, Lakpini C, Malau-Aduli AEO. Variations in liveweight gains, milk yield and composition of Red Sokoto goats fed crop-residue-based supplements in the subhumid zone of Nigeria. Livest Prod Sci 2003, 83: 63-71 [CrossRef].
- Malau-Aduli AEO, Anlade YR. Comparative study of milk compositions of cattle, sheep and goats in Nigeria. Anim Sci J 2002, 73: 541-544.
- Meyer HHD, Mittermeier T, Schams D. Dynamics of oxytocin, oestrogen and progestin receptors in the bovine endometrium during the oestrous cycle. Acta Endocrinol 1988, 118: 96-104 [PubMed].
- Alderman G. Prediction of the energy value of compound feeds. in: Haresign W, Cole DJA (Eds), Recent advances in animal nutrition. Butterworths, London, UK, 1985.