Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 44, Number 1, January-February 2004
|Page(s)||89 - 98|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 44 89-98
- Underwood EJ, Shier FL, Davenport N. Studies in sheep husbandry in Western Australia V. The breeding season of Merino, crossbreed and British Breeds ewes in the agricultural districts. J Agric West Aust 1944, 11:Series 2, 135-143.
- Martin GB, Oldham CM, Cognié Y, Pearce DT. The physiological responses of anovulatory ewes to the introduction of rams - a review. Livest Prod Sci 1986, 15: 219-247.
- Fulkerson WJ, Adams NR, Gherardi PB. Ability of castrated male sheep treated with oestrogen or testosterone to induce and detect oestrus in ewes. Appl Anim Ethol 1981, 7: 57-66.
- Cushwa TW, Bradford GE, Stabenfeldt GH, Berger YM, Dally MR. Ram influence on ovarian and sexual activity in anestrous ewes: effects of isolation of ewes from rams before joining and date of ram introduction. J Anim Sci 1992, 70: 1195-1200.
- Ungerfeld R, Pinczak A, Forsberg M, Rubianes E. Ovarian and endocrine responses of Corriedale ewes to "ram effect" in the non-breeding season. Can J Anim Sci 2003, 82: 599-602.
- Knight TW, Tervit HR, Fairclough RJ. Corpus luteum in ewes stimulated by rams. Theriogenology 1981, 15: 183-190.
- Bo GA, Baruselli PS, Martínez MF. Pattern and manipulation of follicular development in Bos indicus cattle, Anim Reprod Sci 2003, 78: 307-326.
- Evans ACO. Ovarian follicle growth and consequences for fertility in sheep. Anim Reprod Sci 2003, 78: 289-306.
- Ginther OJ, Kot K, Wiltbank MC. Associations between emergence of follicular waves and fluctuations in FSH concentrations during the estrous cycle in ewes. Theriogenology 1995, 43: 689-703.
- Bartlewski PM, Beard AP, Cook SJ, Rawlings NC. Ovarian follicular dynamics during anestrus in ewes. J Reprod Fertil 1998, 113: 275-285.
- Souza CJH, Campbell BK, Baird DT. Follicular dynamics and ovarian steroid secretion in sheep during anoestrus. J Reprod Fertil 1996, 108: 101-106.
- Mihm M, Bleach ECL. Endocrine regulation of ovarian antral follicle development in cattle. Anim Reprod Sci 2003, 78: 217-237.
- Evans ACO, Flynn JD, Duffy P, Knight PG, Boland MP. Effects of ovarian follicle ablation on FSH, oestradiol and inhibin A concentrations and growth of other follicles in sheep. Reproduction 2002, 123: 59-66 [PubMed].
- Gibbons JR, Kot K, Thomas DL, Wiltbank MC, Ginther OJ. Follicular and FSH dynamics in ewes with a history of high and low ovulation rates. Theriogenology 1999, 52: 1005-1020.
- Viñoles C, Forsberg M, Banchero G, Rubianes E. Ovarian follicular dynamics and endocrine profiles in Polwarth ewes with high and low body condition. Anim Sci 2002, 74: 539-545.
- Evans ACO, Duffy P, Quinn KM, Knight PG, Boland MP. Follicular waves are associated with transient fluctuations in FSH but not oestradiol or inhibin-A concentrations in anoestrous ewes. Anim Sci 2001, 72: 547-554.
- Rubianes E, Beard A, Dierschke DJ, Bartlewski P, Adams GP, Rawlings NC. Endocrine and ultrasound evaluation of the response to PGF 2 and GnRH given at different stages of the luteal phase in cyclic ewes. Theriogenology 1997, 48: 1093-1104.
- Rubianes E, de Castro T, Ungerfeld R, Meikle A, Rivero A. Ovarian response after a GnRH challenge in seasonally anestrous ewes. Can J Anim Sci 1999, 77: 727-730.
- Bo GA, Baruselli PS, Moreno D, Cutaia L, Caccia M, Tribulo R, Tribulo H, Mapletoft RJ. The control of follicular wave development for self-appointed embryo transfer programs in cattle. Theriogenology 2002, 57: 53-72.
- Martin GB. Factors affecting the secretion of luteinizing hormone in the ewe. Biol Rev 1984, 59: 1-87.
- Meikle A, Forsberg M, Garófalo EG, Carlsson MA, Lundeheim N, Rubianes E. Circulating gonadotrophins and follicular dynamics in anestrous ewes after treatment with estradiol-17. Anim Reprod Sci 2001, 67: 79-90 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Rodríguez Iglesias RM, Ciccioli N, Irazoqui H, Rodriguez BT. Importance of behavioural stimuli in ram-induced ovulation in seasonally anovular Corriedale ewes. Appl Anim Behav Sci 1991, 30: 323-332.
- Forsberg M, Tagle R, Madej A, Molina JR, Carlsson M-A. Radioimmunoassay of bovine, ovine and porcine LH with a monoclonal antibody and a human tracer. Acta Vet Scand 1993, 34: 255-262 [PubMed].
- SAS. 1999-2000. Statistical Analysis Systems, Version 8.
- Martin GB. Ram-induced ovulation in seasonally anovular Merino ewes: effect of oestradiol on the frequency of ovulation, oestrus and short cycles. Theriogenology 1979, 12: 283-287.
- Bartlewski PM, Beard AP, Chapman CL, Nelson ML, Palmer B, Aravindakshan J, Cook SJ, Rawlings NC. Ovarian responses in gonadotrophin-releasing hormone-treated anoestrous ewes: follicular and endocrine correlates with luteal outcome. Reprod Fertil Dev 2001, 13: 133-142.
- Perkins A, Fitzgerald JA. The behavioral component of the ram effect: the influence of ram sexual behavior on the induction of estrus in anovulatory ewes. J Anim Sci 1994, 72: 51-55.
- Ungerfeld R, Suárez G, Carbajal B, Silva L, Laca M, Forsberg M, Rubianes E. Medroxyprogesterone primings and response to the ram effect in Corriedale ewes during the non-breeding season. Theriogenology 2003, 60: 35-45.
- Parott RF, Hall SJG, Lloyd DM. Heart rate and stress hormone responses of sheep to road transport following two different loading procedures. Anim Welfare 1998, 7: 257-267.
- Gudev D, Kolev A, Madzharov I. Adaptation period of rams after transportation and environment changes. Zhivot Nau 1994, 31: 227-228.