Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 43, Number 6, November-December 2003
|Page(s)||487 - 496|
References of Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 43 (2003) 487
- Thompson JG. Defining the requirements for bovine embryo culture. Theriogenology 1996, 45: 27-40.
- Biggers JD, Lawitts JA, Lechene CP. The protective action of betaine on the deleterious effects of NaCl on preimplantation mouse embryos in vitro. Theriogenology 1993, 34: 380-390.
- Lawitts JA, Biggers JD. Joint effects of sodium chloride, glutamine, and glucose in mouse preimplantation embryo culture media. Mol Reprod Dev 1992, 31: 189-194 [PubMed].
- Li J, Foote RH. Differential sensitivity of one-cell and two-cell rabbit embryos to sodium chloride and total osmolarity during culture into blastocysts. J Reprod Fertil 1996, 108: 307-312.
- Lim JM, Kim JH, Okuda K, Niwa K. The importance of NaCl concentration in a chemically defined medium for the development of bovine oocytes matured and fertilized in vitro. Theriogenology 1994, 42: 421-432.
- Roh S, Hwang W, Byeongchun L, Jeongmook L, Eunsong L. Improved monospermic fertilization and subsequent blastocysts formation of bovine oocytes fertilized in vitro in a medium containing NaCl of decreased concentration. J Vet Med Sci 2002, 64: 667-671.
- Roh S, Park JI, Shin TY, Lee BC, Hwang WS. The effect of sodium chloride concentration in chemically defined medium on development of bovine embryos in vitro. Theriogenology 1999, 51: 252 (abs.).
- Oh SH, Miyoshi K, Funahashi H. Rat oocytes fertilized in modified rat 1-cell embryo culture medium containing a high sodium chloride concentration and bovine serum albumin maintain developmental ability to the blastocysts stage. Biol Reprod 1998, 59: 884-889.
- Yancey PH, Clark ME, Hand SC, Bowlus RD, Somero GN. Living with water stress: evolution of osmolyte systems. Science 1982, 217: 1214-1222.
- Dawson KM, Baltz JM. Organic osmolytes and embryos: substances of the Gly and beta transport systems protect mouse zygotes against the effects of raised osmolarity. Biol Reprod 1997, 56: 1550-1558.
- Van Winkle LJ, Haghighat N, Campione AL. Glycine protects preimplantation mouse conceptuses from a detrimental effect on development of the inorganic ions in oviductal fluid. J Exp Zool 1990, 253: 215-219.
- Thompson JG, Sherman AN, Allen NW, McGowan LT, Tervit HR. Total protein content and protein synthesis within pre-elongation stage bovine embryos. Mol Reprod Dev 1998, 50: 139-145.
- Dunglinson GF, Kaye PL. Insulin regulates protein metabolism in mouse blastocysts. Mol Reprod Dev 1993, 36: 42-48.
- Duque P, Gomez E, Díaz E, Facal N, Hidalgo CO, Diez C. Use of two replacements of serum during bovine embryo culture in vitro. Theriogenology 2002, 59: 889-899.
- Marsch RF. Symposium on risk assessment of the possible occurrence of bovine spongiform encephalopathy in the United States. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1994, 20: 70-73.
- Dumoulin JC, Menheere PP, Evers JL, Kleukers AP, Pieters MH, Bras M, Geraedts JPM. The effects of endotoxins on gametes and preimplantation embryos cultures in vitro. Hum Reprod 1991, 6: 730-734.
- Madison V, Greve T, Avery B, Wamberg T. The effect of endotoxin-contaminated medium on in vitro fertilization and development of bovine oocytes matured in vitro. Reprod Nutr Dev 1991, 31: 159-165.
- Bavister BD, Andrews JC. A rapid sperm motility bioassay procedure for quality-control testing of water and culture media. J In Vitro Fertil Embryo Transf 1988, 5: 67-75.
- Erbach GT, Bhatnagar P, Baltz JM, Biggers JD. Zinc is a possible toxic contaminant of silicone oil in microdrop cultures of preimplantation mouse embryos. Hum Reprod 1995, 10: 3248-3254.
- Van Soom A, Mahmoudzadeh AR, Christophe A, Ysebaert MT, de Kruif A. Silicone oil used in microdrop culture can affect bovine embryonic development and freezability. Reprod Domest Anim 2001, 36: 169-176.
- Bavister BD. Culture of preimplantation embryos: Facts and artefacts. Human Reproduction Update, Vol 1(2), Oxford University Press, New York, 1995, p. 91-148.
- Nagao Y, Sacki K, Hoshi M, Takahashi Y, Kanagawa H. Effects of water quality in vitro fertilization and development of bovine oocytes in protein-free medium. Theriogenology 1995, 44: 433-444.
- Wiemer KE, Anderson A, Stewart B. The importance of water quality for media preparation. Hum Reprod 1998, 13: 166-172.
- Parrish JJ, Susko-Parrish JL, Leibfried-Rutledge ML, Critser ES, Eyestone WH, First NL. Bovine in vitro fertilization with frozen-thawed semen. Theriogenology 1986, 25: 591-600.
- Holm P, Booth PJ, Schmidt MH, Greve T, Callesen H. High bovine blastocyst development in a static in vitro production system using SOFaa medium supplemented with sodium citrate and myo-inositol with or without serumproteins. Theriogenology 1999, 52: 683-700.
- Lindner GM, Wrigth RW. Bovine embryo morphology and evaluation. Theriogenology 1983, 20: 407-416.
- Van Soom A, Boerjan M, Ysebaert MT, De Kruif A. Cell allocation to the inner cell mass and the trophectoderm in bovine embryos cultured in two different media. Mol Reprod Dev 1996, 45: 171-182.
- Van Soom A, Vanroose G, de Kruif A. Blastocyst evaluation by means of differential staining: a practical approach. Reprod Domest Anim 2001, 36: 29-35.
- SAS Version 8.2, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, Inc., 1999.
- De la Fuente R, King WA. Use of a chemically defined system for the direct comparison of inner cell mass and trophectoderm distribution in murine, porcine and bovine embryos. Zygote 1997, 5: 309-320 [PubMed].
- Van Soom A, Ysebaert MT, de Kruif A. Relationship between timing of development, morula morphology and cell allocation to inner cell mass and trophectoderm in vitro produced bovine embryos. Mol Reprod Dev 1997, 47: 47-56 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Lawitts JA, Biggers JD. Optimization of mouse embryo culture media using simplex methods. J Reprod Fertil 1991, 91: 543-556.
- Beckmann LS, Day BN. Effects of media NaCl concentration and osmolarity on the culture of early-stage porcine embryos and the viability of embryos cultured in a selected superior medium. Theriogenology 1993, 39: 611-622.
- Kaplan JG. Membrane cation transport and the control of proliferation ofmammalian cells. Ann Rev Physiol 1978, 40: 19-41.
- Ho Y, Doherty AS, Schultz RM. Mouse preimplantation embryo development in vitro: effect of sodium concentration in culture media on RNA synthesis and accumulation and gene expression. Mol Reprod Dev 1994, 38: 131-141.
- Anbari K, Schultz RM. Effect of sodium and betaine in culture media on development and relative rates of protein synthesis in preimplantation mouse embryos in vitro. Mol Reprod Dev 1993, 35: 24-28.
- Desai N, Kinzer D, Loeb A, Goldfarb J. Use of synthetic serum substitute and -minimum essential medium for the extended culture of human embryos to the blastocyst stage. Hum Reprod 1997, 12: 328-335 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Eckert J, Niemann H. In vitro maturation, fertilization and culture to blastocysts of bovine oocytes in protein-free media. Theriogenology 1995, 43: 1211-1255 [CrossRef].
- Graham M, Partridge A, Lewis V, Phipps W. A prospective comparison of synthetic serum substitute and human serum albumin in culture for in vitro fertilization - embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 1995, 64: 1036-1038.
- Keskintepe L, Burnley CA, Brackett BG. Production of viable bovine blastocysts in defined in vitro conditions. Biol Reprod 1995, 52: 1410-1417.
- Bavister BD, Rose-Hellekant TA, Pinyopummintr T. Development of in vitro matured/in vitro fertilized bovine embryos into morulae and blastocysts in defined culture media. Theriogenology 1992, 57: 127-146.
- Gómez E, Díez C. Effects of glucose and protein sources on bovine embryo development in vitro. Anim Reprod Sci 2000, 58: 23-37.
- Carolan C, Lonergan P, Van Langendonckt A, Mermillod P. Factors affecting bovine embryo development in synthetic oviduct fluid following oocyte maturation and fertilization in vitro. Theriogenology 1995, 43: 1115-1128.
- Takahashi Y, First NL. In vitro development of bovine one-cell embryos: influence of glucose, lactate, pyruvate, amino acids and vitamins. Theriogenology 1992, 37: 963-978 [CrossRef].
- Gardner DK. Mammalian embryo culture in the absence or presence of serum or somatic cell support. Cell Biol Intern 1994, 18: 1163-1179.
- Gandolfi F. Autocrine, paracrine and environmental factors influencing embryonic development from zygote to blastocyst. Theriogenology 1994, 41: 95-100.
- Li J, Foote RH. Effect of inositol and glycine with increasing sodium chloride and constant osmolarity on development of rabbit embryos. J Assist Reprod Genet 1995, 12: 141-146.
- Funahashi H, Cantley TC, Stumpf TT, Terlouw SL, Day BN. Use of low-salt culture medium for in vitro maturation of porcine oocytes is associated with elevated oocyte glutathione levels and enhanced pronuclear formation after in vitro fertilization. Biol Reprod 1994, 51: 633-639.
- Wurth YA, Van der Zee-Kotting W, Kruip ThAM, Dieleman SJ, Bevers MM. Relation between macroscopic qualification of bovine embryos and number of blastomeres. Proc 11th Int Congr Anim Reprod and AI Dublin, Vol 3, No 352.
- Iwasaki S, Yoshiba N, Ushijima H, Watanabe S, Nakahara T. Morphology and proportion of inner cell mass of bovine blastocysts fertilized in vitro and in vivo. J Reprod Fertil 1990, 90: 279-284.
- Van Soom A, Boerjan ML, Bols PEJ, Vanroose G, Lein A, Coryn M, de Kruif A. Timing of compaction and inner cell allocation in bovine embryos produced in vivo after superovulation. Biol Reprod 1997, 57: 1041-1049.
- Kruip TAM, den Daas JHG. In vitro produced and cloned embryos: effects on pregnancy and offspring. Theriogenology 1997, 47: 43-52.
- Hasler JF. The current status of oocyte recovery, in vitro embryo production, and embryo transfer in domestic animals, with an emphasis on the bovine. J Anim Sci 1998, 76 (Suppl 3): 52-74.
- Numabe T, Oikawa T, Kikuchi T, Horiuchi T. Birth weight and birth rate of heavy calves conceived by transfer of in vitro or in vivo produced embryos. Anim Reprod Sci 2000, 64: 13-20.
- Brown BW, Radziewic T. Production of sheep embryos in vitro and development of progeny following single and twin embryo transfers. Theriogenology 1998, 49: 1525-1536.
- Van Winkle LJ, Campione AL. Toxic effects of Zn++ and Cu++ on mouse blastocysts in vitro. Experientia 1982, 38: 354-356.
- Gray CW, Morgan PM, Kane MT. Purification of embryotrophic factor from commercial bovine serum albumin and its identification as citrate. J Reprod Fertil 1992, 94: 471-480.