Reprod. Nutr. Dev.
Volume 43, Number 2, March-April 2003
|Page(s)||155 - 166|
- Berthon D, Herpin P, Le Dividich J. Shivering thermogenesis in the neonatal pig. J thermal Biol 1994, 19: 413-418.
- Noblet J, Le Dividich J. Energy metabolism of the new-born pig during the first 24 hours after birth. Biol Neonate 1981, 40: 175-182.
- Chiang SH, Pettigrew JE, Clarke SD, Cornelius SG. Limits of medium-chain and long-chain triacylglycerol utilization by neonatal piglets. J Anim Sci 1990, 68: 1632-1638.
- Herpin P, Le Dividich J, Van Os M. Contribution of colostral fat to thermogenesis and glucose homeostasis in the new-born pig. J Dev Physiol 1992, 17: 133-141.
- Yu XX, Drackley JK, Odle J. Rates of mitochondrial and peroxisomal -oxidation of palmitate change during postnatal development and food deprivation in liver, kidney and heart of pigs. J Nutr 1997, 127: 1814-1821.
- Lossec G, Lebreton Y, Hulin JC, Fillaut M, Herpin P. Age-related changes in oxygen and nutrient uptake by hindquarters in newborn pigs during cold-induced shivering. Exp Physiol 1998, 83: 793-807.
- Schmidt I, Herpin P. Postnatal changes in mitochondrial protein mass and respiration in skeletal muscle from the new-born pig. Comp Biochem Physiol B 1997, 118: 639-647.
- Schmidt I, Herpin P. Carnitine palmitoyl- transferase I (CPT I) activity and its regulation by malonyl-CoA are modulated by age and cold exposure in skeletal muscle mitochondria from new-born pigs. J Nutr 1998, 128: 886-893.
- Kashfi K, Cook GA. Proteinase treatment of intact hepatic mitochondria has differential effects on inhibition of carnitine palmitoyltransferase by different inhibitors. Biochem J 1992, 282: 909-914.
- Yu XX, Odle J, Drackley JK. Differential induction of peroxisomal b-oxidation enzymes by clofibric acid and aspirin in piglet tissues. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2001, 281: R1553-R1561.
- Goglia F, Liverini G, Lanni A, Iossa S, Barletta A. Morphological and functional modifications of rat liver peroxisomal subpopulations during cold exposure. Exp Biol 1989, 48: 127-133.
- Berthon D, Herpin P, Duchamp C, Dauncey MJ, Le Dividich, J. Modification of thermogenic capacity in neonatal pigs by changes in thyroid status during late gestation. J Dev Physiol 1993, 19: 253-261.
- Veerkamp JH, Van Moerkerk HTB. Peroxisomal fatty acid oxidation in rat and human tissues: effect of nutritional state, clofibrate treatment and postnatal development in the rat. Biochim Biophys Acta 1986, 875: 301-310.
- Errede B, Kamen MD, Hatefi Y. Preparation and properties of complex IV (ferrocytochrome c: oxygen oxidoreductase EC 22.214.171.124). Meth Enzym 1978, 53: 40-47.
- Kerner J, Froseth JA, Miller ER, Bieber LL. A study of the acylcarnitine content of sow's colostrum, milk and newborn piglet tissues: demonstration of high amounts of isovalerylcarnitine in colostrum and milk. J Nutr 1984, 114: 854-861.
- Cederblad G, Lindstedt S. A method for the determination of carnitine in the picomole range. Clin Chim Acta 1972, 37: 235-243.
- SAS, SAS user's Guide: statistics, SAS Inst, Inc, Cary, NC, 1990.
- Herpin P, Lossec G, Schmidt I, Cohen-Adad F, Duchamp C, Lefaucheur L, Goglia F, Lanni A. Effect of age and cold exposure on morphofunctional characteristics of skeletal muscle in neonatal pigs. Pflügers Arch Eur J Physiol 2002, 444: 610-618.
- Werner JC, Sicard RE, Schuler HG. Palmitate oxidation by isolated working fetal and newborn pig hearts. Am J Physiol 1989, 256: E315-E321.
- Wolfe RG, Maxwell CV, Nelson EC. Effect of age and dietary fat level on fatty acid oxidation in the neonatal pig. J Nutr 1978, 108: 1621-1634.
- Piot C, Veerkamp JH, Bauchart D, Hocquette JF. Contribution of mitochondria and peroxisomes to palmitate oxidation in rat and bovine tissues. Comp Biochem Physiol B 1998, 121: 185-194.
- Mannaerts GP, Debeer LJ, Thomas J, De Schepper PJ. Mitochondrial and peroxisomal fatty acid oxidation in liver homogenates from control and clofibrate-treated rats. J Biol Chem 1979, 254: 4585-4595.
- Piot C, Hocquette JF, Veerkamp JH, Durand D, Bauchard D. Effect of coconut oil on fatty acid oxidation capacity of the liver, the heart and skeletal muscles in the preruminant calf. British J Nutr 1999, 82: 299-308.
- Laging C, Pospischil A, Diesecke D. Ultrastructural morphometric investigation of peroxisome development in piglets during the first 4 weeks of life. J Vet Med A 1990, 37: 186-197.
- Yu XX, Drackley JK, Odle J. Effect of food deprivation and postnatal age on peroxisomal b-oxidation in pig liver, kidney and heart. FASEB J 1996, A10: 520.
- Reubsaet FAG, Veerkamp JH, Trijbels JMF, Monnens LAH. Total and peroxisomal oxidation of various saturated and unsaturated fatty acids in rat liver, heart and M. quadriceps. Lipids 1989, 24: 945-950.
- Lefaucheur L, Vigneron P. Postnatal changes in some histochemical and enzymatic characteristics of the three pig muscles. Meat Sci 1986, 16: 199-216.
- Kim JY, Koves TR, Yu GS, Gulick T, Cortright RN, Dohm GL, Muoio DM. Evidence of a malonyl-CoA-insensitive carnitine palmitoyltranferase I activity in red skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2002, 282: E1014-E1022.
- Stone RT. Relationship of alpha-fetoprotein and albumin in fetuses and neonates from genetically lean and obese swine. Biol Neonate 1984, 46: 122-130.
- Herpin P, Le Dividich J, Amaral N. Effect of selection for lean tissue growth on body composition and physiological state of pig at birth. J Anim Sci 1993, 71: 2645-2653.
Copyright INRA, EDP Sciences